- Screening White Paper - In-depth discussion of questions to address in choosing a topic for a HIA
- Screening Worksheet - Sample worksheet to guide HIA screening
- HIA Readiness Question Guide - Questions to consider with prospective HIA partners to determine their preparedness for launching a HIA
- HIA Committees' Roles and Functions - Summary of the purpose, roles, and functions of the various types of committees involved in HIAs
- HIA for Organizers - Provides a background on HIA, brief examples of how it has been used in organizing, examples of HIA and organizing wins, and simple steps organizers can take to take to build their capacity around HIA
- Evidence Base - Searchable database of peer-reviewed public health literature that includes important information regarding social determinants, the built environment, and health
- Data Sources - A list of commonly used data sources in HIA
- Impact Analysis Template - See HIA Report Guide for sample impact analysis table categories (see assessment section)
- Sustainable Communities Index - Comprehensive evaluation metric to consider health needs in urban development plans and projects
- HIA Report Guide - A template and information on what to include in your HIA report
Human Impact Partners recently developed and implemented a new model for conducting a rapid HIA. This model aims to conduct an HIA within a short decision-making timeline, while maintaining a high level of stakeholder engagement in the process. A more detailed description of the rapid HIA model can be found here.
Click here for links to materials used in one of HIP’s rapid HIA pilot projects.
For more information about Human Impact Partners’ Tools and Resources, or to add a resource, please contact us.